| Home |
Previous | Next
How to Install
Abyss Web Server X1
Once you have downloaded the Abyss Web Server, double-click on the downloaded
package to start the installation and follow the prompts.
- Choose the destination folder to install to or keep the default
- It is up to you, but I chose
to Install as a Window Service and Start automatically.
- You will have
to set up a user name and password.
- Once Abyss is installed on your machine
you can type in 'http://localhost' into
the address bar of your web browser and you should see the Abyss Welcome
- You can also replace 'localhost' with
the name of your computer. If you are not sure of the name of your
computer right-click 'My Computer' on your
desktop, select Properties -> Computer
- Your default web directory to place your web site in is 'C:\Program
Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs' if you chose to install Abyss to C:\Program
Files\Abyss Web Server, otherwise it will be 'your
install location\htdocs' .
- Once you install php, you will need to access the Web Server Console
(right click the blue Abyss tray icon and select Show Console) and add
php support. Directions are on the php page.
Previous | Next | Top